It was time for our annual pumpkin carving Family Home Evening. So the Monday night before Halloween and we set out to the "Pumpkin Patch" (Hy-Vee Parking lot) with Bella and Isaiah. They picked out the biggest ones they could find. Bella shared her pumpkin with Lexi, and Isaiah shared his with Ruben. Bella and Isaiah picked out the design they wanted and Ruben and Lexi got to work. Out came all the seeds, and then the carving began.

Bella tried to help.
.jpg)
So did Isaiah.

Finished product!

Scary!

Don't they look good in front of the house!

And of course the traditional pumpkin seeds. They turned out better than ever this year because I used the dehydrator instead of the oven. Why didn't I think of that before?

And Bella and I made some yummy sugar cookies that Bella decorated for the season. They lasted all of one day!

cute! and the house looks really good. and it looks spring-ish, since you know, your "flowers" bloom all year round.
ReplyDeletehaahaa.....
ReplyDeletethose pumpkins look cool! good job Isaiah and Bella!.....and I guess Rub & lex! :)
did you guys save me any cookies?!!?!?!?!?!....we'll be out there in like 2 weeks to eat them!